Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sun-Dried Tomato Mousse, by Whitney

Two things I know to be true thus far: 1) You can't go wrong with the Barefoot Contessa 2) Join a cooking group, it takes the pressure off of new recipes turning out perfectly because everyone is in the same boat!

For this last party I made 'Sun-Dried Tomato Mousse' from the 'Savor the Moment' cookbook (which is from a Junior League in Boca Raton). Random I know, but I have a collection of Junior League cookbooks from different cities and they always seem to have interesting recipes.

Here is the recipe:

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped (I used the Italian-seasoned)
1 garlic clove, crushed (I omitted this because I forgot it at the store!)
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
1 T. dried basil
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth, but not fluffy. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste, basil, salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into a 6-7 inch spring form pan. Chill for 8 hours until very firm. Place pan in hot water for 15 seconds. Release spring and invert mousse onto a serving plate. Garnish by pressing parsley onto the side. (Put two pieces of parchment paper under serving plate first so you don't have a parsley party!) Serve with crackers or bread sticks. *The breadsticks are best when right out of the oven, Pilsbury only gets you so far:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.