For this Valentines themed event, I decided to try the Barefoot Contessa Warm Goat Cheese atop Giada de Laurentis' Arugula Salad, with the recipes found here and here, respectively. After Inger Johnson stole every last beet in Seattle, I used strawberries and pomegranate seeds in lieu of the red root vegetable.
Obviously, the key to this salad is bread crumb crusted goat cheese medallions. I hope to use it as a key ingredient with any type of salad I make in the future because they were delicious and easy with only three quick steps: 1.) slicing the cheese log with dental floss, 2.) dipping in egg whites then bread crumbs (which are now conveniently sold at Trader Joe's) and finally, 3.) pan frying. Oddly enough, I have a picture of the salad I left for my husband because he got me a brand new camera for Valentines Day and apparently everything has become a Kodak moment for me.
Thanks again for making it a great night and I am already looking forward to next month! - Annika

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.