Monday, September 13, 2010

Vietnamese Tofu-Noodle Lettuce Wraps

I'm finally adding another post to our blog! For so many months now I've been trying recipes that just didn't warrant anyone else bothering with but I really liked the lettuce wrap appetizer I made for Asian-themed CC at Marie's this month. The most time consuming part was all the chopping but buying shredded carrots would have helped.

Ingredients:
2 ounces thin rice noodles or rice sticks
1/4 C water
5 teaspoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
8 ounces firm or extra-firm tofu, thinly sliced
1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
1 cup snow peas, very thinly sliced
1/4 C chopped fresh basil
1/4 C chopped fresh mint
8 large green-leaf lettuce leaves

Directions:
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Add rice noodles (rice sticks) and cook until just teder, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Gently squeeze noodles to remove most of the water.
2. Combine 1/4 cup water, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
3. Coarsely chop the noodles and combine in a large bowl with tofu, carrot, snow peas, basil and mint. Pour the sauce over the salad and toss to combine. To serve, spoon about 1/2 cup salad onto each lettuce leaf and roll up.

Delicious!
I found the recipe on delish.com.
Photo by Ken Burris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.